Logo

30 日 マニラ

本日休刊日

両替レート
¥10,000=P3,730
$100=P5,850

30 日 マニラ

本日休刊日

両替レート
¥10,000=P3,730
$100=P5,850

Duterte has no plans to return to negotiations with NDF: Andanar

2017/2/14 英字

The Duterte administration has no plan to go back to the negotiating table despite calls by different groups including the National Democratic Front, a Palace official said on Monday.

In a radio interview Monday, Presidential Communications Office Secretary Martin Andanar stressed that President Rodrigo Duterte had walked the extra mile.

"(A)s far as the negotiation with the CPP-NPA-NDF (Communist Party of the Philippines-New People's Army) is concerned, there's none, that's finished," he said when asked of the possibility of continuing peace talks.

After Duterte declared the government's termination of the peace process, he noted the earlier statement of the president encouraging the rebels to go down from the mountains and surrender and "he is willing to give them a new life, they will be assisted."

Andanar reiterated Duterte decided to withdraw from the peace talks because of the gruesome killings of some soldiers allegedly by the rebels.

Under the Duterte government, peace negotiation resumed in August last year after it bogged down in 2011 under the Aquino administration.

But after three rounds of talks under the current government, Duterte withdrew from the negotiation following the death of at least six soldiers due to the alleged ambuscades launched by the rebels. Celerina Monte/DMS

おすすめ記事

DA chief slams ex-solon Zaldy Co’s claims as ‘fabricated lies’

2025/11/29 英字 無料
無料

Marcos, BSP governor discuss economic outlook; recovery expected by 2026

2025/11/29 英字 無料
無料

Senate restores Office of the Vice President budget for 2026 without objection

2025/11/29 英字 無料
無料

Philippine Fleet hosts JMSDF contingent for goodwill visit

2025/11/29 英字 無料
無料

AFP stresses need to keep country stable amid political noises

2025/11/28 英字 無料
無料

Ex-congressman claims First Lady involved in rice smuggling

2025/11/28 英字 無料
無料